Our weekly meetings -
Mansfield Rotary Club meets on most Tuesday evenings. Our usual venue is Sherwood Forest Golf Club, Eakring Road, Mansfield NG18 3EW.
Members start gathering in the downstairs bar from about 6.30pm ready to move upstairs to our meeting room at 7.00pm.
We usually start the meeting with a two course meal where members can chat and exchange ideas together over the meal.
The business part of the meeting then starts about 8.15pm.
We have lots of different kinds of meetings and over the year we will have -
- Speakers on any topics of general interest
- Speakers from charities and organisations we already support - or may be considering to do so
- Our own members sometimes give a talk either about themselves or about a topic of interest to them
- Business meetings where the running of the Club is discussed and decisions made about future plans
- Meetings to celebrate special calendar dates such as Burn's Night, St. George's Day - and, of course, Christmas!
- Being at a Golf Club venue gives a great chance for an annual putting competition where some members who are players and others who are complete novices take part in a friendly and relaxed tournament
- There are occasional outside visits to local places of interest where we may also enjoy a drink and meal out
Team Meetings -
Members are allocated to various teams. The teams meet as many times during the year as needed to deal with their areas of responsibilities. These may be on any night other than a Tuesday and are often be held at members homes.
Our teams are -
- Club Services - which oversees the general running of the Club
- Community & Vocation - which reviews requests for assistance to our community or proactively seeks areas where it is considered help may be given around us
- Youth - deals with projects for younger people such as our Young Chef and Leadership
- International & Foundation - allocates funding to International projects which are often related to relief work for major catastrophes and Foundation relates to our Rotary charity which has now helped to almost totally eradicate Polio from the world - and is continuing to complete this task
- Communication & Marketing - helps to promote what we do - by such means as this website which you are reading now!
- Membership - looks to attract new members to join our organisation - may be someone like you?
Working Parties -
These deal with special aspects of the Club like fund raising, the Christmas Sleigh, our programme of meetings and, new this year, an exciting new Swimathon project
We hope the detail given above has helped you know a little more about what we do.